Deportations by Immigration and Customs Enforcement have surpassed 100,000 since President Trump returned to the White House in January, as he follows through on his pledge to remove undocumented immigrants, alleged gang members, and suspected terrorists from the U.S., according to a Monday report.

A Department of Homeland Security sourcetoldthe New York Post that ICE has made 113,000 arrests and carried out more than 100,000 deportations since Trumpโ€™s inauguration on January 20.

โ€œHeโ€™s doing what he was voted in to do. Point blank!โ€ an ICE source told the outlet.

It remains unclear how many of the detainees are convicted criminals, what the status of their cases is, or their specific countries of origin โ€” though sources believe the majority are being deported to Mexico, noted The Post.

Trump made cracking down on illegal immigration a central theme of his campaign, and on his first day back in office, he declared a border emergency, deployed thousands of additional troops to the region, shut down the asylum process for illegal border crossers, and launched a nationwide mass deportation effort.

Since then, ICE has โ€œmaxed outโ€ its detention capacity and is now requesting additional funding from Congress to expand bed space, following 32,000 arrests in just the first 50 days, The Post said.

He has also taken sweeping action against transnational criminal groups, including invoking the 18th-century Alien Enemies Act to deport Venezuelan gang members directly to a notorious mega prison in El Salvadorโ€”without trial.

Seventeen suspected members of the Tren de Aragua and MS-13 gangs were transferred to El Salvador in shackles on Sunday night, despite a federal judge blocking the use of the rarely invoked wartime-era Alien Enemies Act earlier this month.

Meanwhile, illegal crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border have dropped to levels not seen in decades โ€” hitting a remarkable low in March โ€” with Department of Homeland Security sources attributing the decline to what theyโ€™re calling โ€œthe Trump effect.โ€

โ€œIllegal entries into the United States are no longer a backdoor way to getting status,โ€ a source told The Post.

Border agents encountered just under 7,000 illegal crossings in March โ€” a dramatic 94% drop from the 137,000 who crossed during the same month last year under President Joe Biden. This follows Februaryโ€™s total of roughly 8,300 illegal crossings, marking the lowest monthly figure in at least 25 years.

Migrants are โ€œscared there are consequences now,โ€ one DHS source told The Post, adding that โ€œeveryone who is caught is charged and does time.โ€

Most of the illegal crossings occurred in the San Diego and El Paso border sectors, according to sources. If these trends continue, the U.S. could see illegal migration drop to levels not recorded since 1968, said The Post.

During her daily show last week, former Fox News host Megyn Kelly expressed her belief that U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts could be in a precarious position, depending on his decision regarding President Donald Trumpโ€™s use of the Alien Enemies Act to swiftly deport illegal migrant gang members.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *